It’s less than a week now until our launch event at the Crowne Plaza in Reading, and we are excited to share our ambitions for the project.
When you arrive at 9:30am you will register and have an opportunity to mingle with other delegates over a cup of coffee. At 10am the talks begin.
Over the course of the day you will hear from six experts in a variety of fields. Talks will include:
- An introduction from Dr Nial Quiney, the Principal Investigator for the ELC
- An in-depth look at the project, its vision, and the processes we will use
- The Anaesthetic and Surgical Perspectives of the Project
- The benefits of Goal Directed Fluid Therapy
- The origins of the project with a look ELPQuIC
- NELA and the EPOCH Trial, and how this complements the ELC
There will also be breakout sessions covering:
- An introduction to NELA and how to extract data
- The human side to quality improvement and behaviour change
- A session for you to be able to discuss in your teams your next steps
A buffet lunch is provided, as well as regular refreshment breaks. We hope that the day will enlighten you as to why improving the standard of care in emergency laparotomy is so important, and how we intend to do that.